Marginalised Networks: Locating Queer and Gendered (Trans)national Connections
Thursday 27th June 2019
University of Southampton
Proposals due by Sunday 7th April 2019 at midnight
Keynote: Dr Maria Tomlinson on ‘Queer(y)ing the Norm: Menstruating and Menopausal bodies in transnational perspective’
By popular demand, the SWWDTP Gender and Sexuality Cluster has extended the deadline for abstracts for our conference to this Sunday 7th April at midnight. We hope this will allow everyone who has expressed interest an extra opportunity to submit their abstracts! The Gender and Sexuality Cluster conference is a welcoming and supportive forum for sharing your research, and is a fantastic opportunity to present your research, and network and engage with other PGRs.
We warmly encourage anyone who is interested to submit a 250 word abstract along with a brief bio to email@example.com by midnight 7th April 2019.
- Marginalised networks through history
- Networks of activism, protest, and resistance
- Queer, Trans and Non Binary identities
- Femininities/ Masculinities
- Body politics
- International and transnational perspectives on gender and queer studies
- Creating networks through art, film, literature and other media
- Community and Kinship
- Online communities and exchanges
- Migration and cross-border networks
- Commemoration and (un)remembering of marginalised identities.
- Intersectional networks
- Decolonising the Academy
- Representing, re-inscribing and re-writing transnational experiences
For any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our twitter @swwgender